Let the games begin!
In anticipation of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, we have compiled a list of inspiring athletes who call our beautiful province home. These hard-working competitors attended BC high schools and are set to represent Canada at the upcoming Olympic/Paralympic Games.
Here are just a few of the many athletes who will represent BC:
- Alyxandria Treasure - Athletics from D. P. Todd
- Brittany Rogers - Gymnastics - Artistic from Terry Fox Seconadry
- Caileigh Filmer - Rowing from Mount Douglas Secondary
- Christabel Nettey - Athletics from Johnston Heights Secondary
- Christine Sinclair - Soccer from Burnaby South Secondary
- Emily Overholt - Swimming from Collingwood School
- Georgia Simmerling - Cycling - Track from Vancouver Waldorf School
- Gordon Johnston - Field Hockey from West Point Grey Academy
- Inaki Gomez - Athletics from Vancouver College
- Jasmin Glaesser - Cycling - Track from Terry Fox Secondary
- Kai Langerfeld - Rowing from Ballenas Secondary
- Kierra Smith - Swimming from Immaculata Regional High School
- Lauren Wilkinson - Rowing from Crofton House
- Lindsay Jennerich - Rowing from Claremont Secondary
- Lisa Roman - Rowing from D W Poppy Secondary
- Liz Gleadle - Athletics from Kitsilano Secondary
- Lucas Bruchet - Athletics from Elgin Park Secondary
- Mark Pearson - Field Hockey from South Delta Secondary
- Markus Thormeyer - Swimming from South Delta Secondary
- Matthew Sarmento - Field Hockey from St George's School
- Maxwell Lattimer - Rowing from Vancouver College
- Nikola Girke - Sailing from West Vancouver Secondary
- Noemie Thomas - Swimming from Magee Secondary
- Patricia Obee - Rowing from Stelly's Secondary
- Richard Weinberger - Swimming from Semiahmoo Secondary
- Shallon Olsen - Gymnastics - Artistic from Fraser Heights Secondary
- Sophie Schmidt - Soccer from W J Mouat Secondary
- Taylor Curran - Field Hockey from Argyle Secondary
- Tory Nyhaug - Cycling - BMX from Dr Charles Best Secondary
- Vasek Pospisil - Tennis from Vernon Secondary
- Will Dean - Rowing from Kelowna Secondary
Good luck to all athletes competing at the Olympics from August 5 - 21, 2016 and the Paralympics from September 7 - 18, 2016.
We'll be cheering for you!
Check out our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BC-School-Sports-224539464369947/?fref=nf and Twitter account @BCSchoolSports http://ow.ly/j0Zb302puZA for more about the 2016 Rio Olympic/Paralympic Games!