BC School Sports Honour Award
Despite the pandemic, BCSS is going ahead with awarding the Honour Award. Click here to complete the nomination form. Nomination deadline is Friday March 5, 2021 at 4pm.
The award consists of a large framed certificate with the recipient’s name as well as a special Honour Award Pin. The recipient also receives a Gold Card which entitles him/her together with a guest to attend any BCSS Provincial Championship. The recipient’s name is engraved on a permanent plaque which is displayed in the BCSS office. This award is limited to two recipients each year.
- Must have been involved as a coach/sponsor at the school level;
- Must have served administratively on at least two of the following: Executive of a Local Association, Executive of a Sport Commission or member of a Standing Committee;
- Must have served at least one full two year term as a member of the BCSS Board of Directors;
- Must be, or have been, a teacher or administrator;
- Must not currently be a member of the BCSS Board of Directors.
2018-2019: Wendy Hyer
2017-2018: Jill Voros